Live Wild Foraging Courses will start up again in September 2020 (hooray!) with new measures to meet COVID-19 Government Directives.
Our foraging team are happy to announce that scheduled foraging courses will run from September 2020 in line with the most recent government directives. Rest assured that we are keeping a close eye on any further government announcement and will respond accordingly should there be any changes.
Being outside is the safest way to gather together at this time. It is also a great way to boost heath and wellbeing at a time when when lockdown has made reintegration and meeting will others feel daunting for some. We are confident that being together in nature in a small group will help us all to navigate this time of transition. On the foraging courses we will be making the following adaptations in order to meet social distancing requirements and ensure the safety of course participants and tutors:
- Smaller group sizes to allow distancing to be more easily adhered to
- Stricter hygiene procedures with increased breaks for hand washing and adapted facilities
- We ask participants to bring their own bowl, spoon and cup
- We also ask participants to bring hand sanitiser and a hand towel
- The cooking element of our courses will involve more demonstrations by course leaders instead of the usual format of preparing a meal together as group
- Anyone living in an area where local lockdown is imposed will not be able to attend the courses, although we will provide a full refund should this happen
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms or someone in their household who is symptomatic is asked not to attend
We are confident that participant experience won’t be compromised.
As a Community Interest Company, putting people and community at the heart of what we do, we really appreciate your support.