We are seeking a freelance funding coordinator to help us raise money for community projects and manage the resultant funding obligations. Could this be you?
Live Wild is a small but exciting and developing organisation. We run long and short term nature mentoring programmes for young people and forest school programmes in mainstream schools. We also deliver a range of nature based adult courses and programmes and hold skillshare events for other outdoor leaders. With all of this work our aim is to reconnect people to nature, each other and themselves and thereby contribute to a healthier, more sustainable & nature connected culture.
In the past 4 years we have accessed a number of different funding streams to the sum of circa £18,000 that enabled us to;
- Run forest school sessions in 6 locals schools
- Offer free funded places to children who would not ordinarily access our holiday clubs
- Run a therapeutic nature connection women’s programme in partnership with Bradford Women’s Centre
- Run a nature connection and rites of passage programme and residential
We have also recently been awarded £50,000 from Calderdale Council for a two year project that enables us to run therapeutic nature connection and play therapies in 8 schools across Calderdale.
Further to this we have recently become a Community Interest Company (CIC) and will be trading as such from April 2020 which is very exciting and will mean that we are a social enterprise company specifically designed in a way that enables our assets and profits to be directed for the public good. We believe that the nature connection work we provide is beneficial for all and we would like to see more people have access to it by offering more funded programmes and events in partnership with other agencies and individuals who work with marginalised groups or people in need in our community.
We believe, having an impeccable track record of delivering high quality and innovative programmes along with 5 years worth of fluid accounts and having received ever growing sums of funding to date, that we are now in a position to go for larger and more sustainable sources of funding to help us meet our social aims.
To make this happen we are now looking for a freelance funding specialist who understands and supports what we do to help us raise money and manage the funding obligations that result from receiving large grant funding.
We are a very supportive and friendly team who are passionate about what we do. Joining us will mean getting the opportunity to learn about many different aspects of a small scale nature connection enterprise.
Main duties include:
- Working with Leona who leads on project development and Viv who leads on financial and project management to formulate a robust and systematic funding plan.
- Support the team to come up with project ideas that will be sustainable, short medium and long term in line with our long term vision for Live Wild and meeting the needs and desires of the current and expanding team.
- Liaise with and create partnerships with other agencies to help us work within the community effectively and meet our social aims.
- Make applications.
- Monitor the funding once it has been awarded and ensure all of the specific requirements of each award are being met.
- Arrange for robust evaluation processes and procedures and implement them with project managers and monitor them
- Support Live Wild to have a long term view of the funding plan.
- Any other creative ways we could get what we want out there.
We are not currently in the position to pay up front for this work, but would like to talk to the right person about writing a paid role into a bid that would be paid retrospectively and on an ongoing basis. We realise that not everyone is in a position to do this but as a small business with so much potential we wanted to put the offer out there.
We are looking for someone who can work from home but who can attend a monthly meeting with management team in Calderdale.
We are looking for someone who has;
- Experience of obtaining and managing larger scale funding for social enterprises
- Knowledge of current funding situation across the UK
- Knowledge and a passion for nature connection and community building
- Great people skills
- Organised and efficient
- Skilled in word processing and a good level of IT skills
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbally
- Committed to supporting LiveWild to develop based on its values of community, nature and wellbeing
How to apply
The deadline for applications is 1st April 2020 at 5pm. Email Leona johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the person specification and share with us something you love about nature.
For more information call Leona Johnson, one of 3 project coordinators on 07979 207296.
Interviews for the contract will be held at our base in Mytholmroyd during the week of 6th April 2020.