Live Wild is a small but exciting and developing organisation. We run long and short term nature mentoring programmes for young people. We run forest school programmes in mainstream schools. We deliver a range of nature based adult courses and programmes and hold skillshare events for other outdoor leaders. With all of this work our aim is to reconnect people to nature, each other and themselves and thereby contribute to a healthier more sustainable nature connected culture.
We are looking for a part-time worker to support our programmes and financial administration; implementing and managing systems for bookings and communications, keeping our book- keeping and financial projections up to date, and supporting us with marketing and website maintenance. We are a very supportive and friendly team who are passionate about what we do. Joining us will mean getting the opportunity to learn about many different aspects of a small scale nature connection enterprise.
– Programme administration; setting up systems to take bookings, (possibly eventbrite), respond to email and telephone enquiries.
– Provide marketing support; collate and distribute new course/event or programme information including designing flyers, collate info and design quarterly newsletter on mailchimp, research new marketing opportunities, update course information online.
– Book-keeping; keep our accounts up to date and accurate, including recording transactions, processing invoices and payments, collating volunteer and staff expenses, and preparing financial reporting quarterly for the management team.
The role would require an initial 16 hour induction and work period preferably over 2 days, to implement and update systems and accounts. It would then require 4 hours per week for 6 months on a self-employed basis, at £12.50 per hour (equivalent to £24,375 pro rata). There is potential for the number of hours available to increase. There is a one month probationary period.
We are looking for someone who can work from home but who can attend a monthly meeting with management team in Calderdale.
We are looking for someone who has;
– Knowledge of small scale business development
– Great people skills
– Organised and efficient
– Skilled in word processing and a good level of IT skill
– Excellent communicator, both written and verbally
– Understands confidentiality and data protection
– Committed to supporting LiveWild to develop based on its values of community, nature and wellbeing
How to apply
The deadline for applications is 27th April 2018 at 5pm. Email Leona johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the person specification and share with us something you love about nature (feel free to be creative!).
For more information call Leona Johnson, one of 3 project co-ordinators on 07979 207296.
Interviews for the contract will be held on at our base in Mytholmroyd on Friday 27th April 2018.