Live Wild is a small but exciting and developing organisation. We run long and short term nature mentoring programmes for young people. We run forest school programmes in mainstream schools. We deliver a range of nature based adult courses and programmes and hold skillshare events for other outdoor leaders. With all of this work our aim is to reconnect people to nature, each other and themselves and thereby contribute to a healthier more sustainable nature connected culture.
We are looking for a part-time worker to support our programmes; implementing and managing systems for promoting the work we do and supporting us with communications and marketing. We are a very supportive and friendly team who are passionate about what we do. Joining us will mean getting the opportunity to learn about many different aspects of a small scale nature connection enterprise.
Main duties include:
- Working with Leona who leads on project development and Viv who leads on financial and project management to formulate a robust and systematic marketing plan.
- Write a beautiful regular monthly newsletters as well as specific targeted newsletters.
- Write blog posts and collect content for potential blog posts from our practitioners or participants. Format them and post them.
- Explore target audiences and segmenting them so as to communicate better and in a more targeted way,
- Collect the amazing testimonials we have and post them to the website, social media and in other places where it matters
- Create and manage the marketing calendar for facebook marketing. (maybe doing it as well)
- Contacting various publications and magazines and getting article submission dates, writing pieces or collecting articles from Live wild practitioners to submit and promote what we do and adding them to the blog.
- Create facebook events when needed.
- Create simple flyers if necessary for more localised events and arrange printing and distribution
- Submit adds for targeted publications
- Look at what other databases we could be on to promote what we do
- Monitor marketing effectiveness
- Any other creative ways we could get what we want out there.
The role would require an initial 16 hour induction and work period preferably over 2 days, to learn the rope, start to implement and update systems. It would then require 4 hours per week for 6 months on a self-employed basis, at £13.50 per hour (equivalent to £28.080 pro rata). There is potential for the number of hours available to increase. There is a one month probationary period.
We are looking for someone who can work from home but who can attend a monthly meeting with management team in Calderdale.
We are looking for someone who has;
– Great people skills
– Organised and efficient
– Skilled in word processing and a good level of IT skill
– Excellent communicator, both written and verbally
– Committed to supporting LiveWild to develop based on its values of community, nature and wellbeing
-Experience of promotions and marketing
-Experience of working with – mailchimp, social media platforms
-Experience of writing blog posts and compelling articles
How to apply
The deadline for applications is 11th October at 5pm. Email Leona johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the person specification and share with us something you love about nature and if possible a piece of writing you have done to promote something or to share your opinion on a public platform. (feel free to be creative!).
For more information call Leona Johnson, one of 3 project co-ordinators on 07979 207296.
Interviews for the contract will be held on at our base in Mytholmroyd during the week of 14th October 2019.